Manor Farm is located in the heart of Suffolk’s Heritage Coast, a hot-spot for tourists who want to see the best that Suffolk has to offer. Four miles east of the A12, Manor Farm is located between Saxmundham and Aldeburgh. The A12 runs adjacent to Suffolk’s coast line providing quick and easy access to many of Suffolk’s must see attractions.
Listed below are some key places to visit as well as local attractions.
Places to visit:
- Aldeburgh – A beautiful sea side town, where fish and chips on the beach is a must! Discover the wide range of shop from well stocked charity shop to designer boutiques. Aldeburgh also has a good selections of pubs and restaurants, see our local dining page for our recommendations.
- Thorpness – This little village was created as a coastal holiday resort by Captain Ogilvie for his friends and family. In the centre of the picturesque village is the mere where you can hire rowing boats to potter around the lake. Its a lovely two mile coastal walk from Thorpness to Aldeburgh, and we would defiantly recommend stopping at one or the other for a bite to eat before walking back!
- Snape – Home to the Snape Maltings Concert Hall! For a small village Snape has a lot to offer, from a walk along the river marshes to shopping at the Maltings or local dining in one of the villages three pubs.
- Iken – This quiet little village is a Suffolk gem. Iken has some beautiful walks along the River Alde with the famous view of Iken Church.
- Orford – A little fishing town. This small town is well worth a visit. Orford is home to the Lady Florence river cruise which is great fun and informative.
- Framlingham – ‘Castle on the hill!’ Framlingham has some great shops and lovely tearooms. Framlingham castle is open to the public and is managed by English Heritage, its worth having a look at their events calendar to see whats on: http://www.english-heritage.org.uk/visit/places/framlingham-castle/events
- Woodbridge – One of the larger towns in the area. Woodbridge is situated along the river Deben and offers a variety of river walks along the harbour. Woodbridge, like Aldeburgh has a wide verity of shops from small boutiques to well known labels.
- Southwold – This popular coastal town is only 15 miles away from us. There is something for everyone in Southwold,
- Sutton Hoo
- RSPB Minsmere
- The Suffolk Punch Trust
- A2B Travel (Leiston) – 01728 832 202 /633 003
- Henderson Taxis (Leiston) – 01728 830 101
- Amber Taxis (Leiston) – 01728 833 621
- Hart Cars (Saxmundham) 01728 602 009
- M&R Cars (Woodbridge) 01394 380 034
- Woodbridge Cars (Woodbridge) – 01473 333 888
- Hawk Express (Ipswich) – 01473 222 222